21 November 2010

Fun Bags

A few weeks ago I was asked if I would like to join a KAL on Ravelry to make the Entrelac Envelope Bag by Anne Carroll Gilmour

I made my first using Rico Poems



First shows before felting then afterwards.

 The pattern is fun, the scary part is the felting! the pattern starts with a simple triangle and show how to knit backwards.. another first for me.. the rest is then knitted on from that start.. you don't have to knit backwards you can turn and purl.. but it does help with the first part.

After that tried with some handspun, which I had Navajo Plying.. got to say need to practise that some more, but the joy of felting it hides or gets rid of the bad spots ;)

First up Rose Blush hand dyed Corridale


Again showing before felting, then finished with a Mother of Pearl button

Then some BFL which I won a couple of years ago in a fund raising raffle


Finished with a cute flower button ..  buttons from Bunyip who were at the Knit Expo last Saturday.. the lady on that stall had great fun matching buttons for my bags, even had another customer helping us!

My main reason for going to the Knit Expo was to met the lovely Marianne (so great to see her in person after having got to know her online) who happens to dye gorgeous fibre and had to buy some which may turn into more bags! would love to spin and ply for a larger bag.. that is the aim any way.

5 comments:

Kay said...

I Lurve those bags, I want one, lol so cute and adorable.

Luv ya
(((((Hugs))))

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wave on Kay's site :)

You are sooo talented, love the purple bag, it's adorable!

picperfic said...

was so lovely meeting you, you look so glam! And these little bags are delightful..x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bags! I love felting. Thinking of knitting myself a felted bag now. I may machine knit the bag for speed though. Trying to work out if i have any sock yarns that will felt as my machine can't take anything thicker.

Kay said...

I love my bag :)

Luv ya
((((Hugs)))))